Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's Official!

Well, its official -- I turned in my resignation today! It was still hard up until I handed over my letter. It would be such an easy decision if I hated my job, but I really love teaching art. I will truly miss it, but I am sooo excited about the ability to stay home and spend this priceless time with Tanner (and marty too). It is crazy how our lives go through 'seasons'. I would never have guessed that I would want to be a stay at home mom. Those lil boys really change you! I know that I am not giving up my career or letting go of my passions of teaching. Instead, I am taking advantage and enjoying this season of life. Thank you Brian for making the sacrifices with me to be able to spend this time with Tanner! I am really excited about the time I will now have to pick up on my interior design consulting. If anyone needs some consulting or knows someone who does give me a ring! My mind is now racing of all the fun adventures Tanner and I will get to have together now! Maybe I can finally get him to say MONKEY!!! I think a trip to the zoo to see the monkeys will help!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats Jana! I am so happy for you and glad that you have such peace about your decision. I will definitely be a reference for you. You have helped with both of my houses. Here's to a great summer!

Lisa said...

That will be so fun! I am so happy for you.

christa said...

Wow! I didn't know you were thinking about this again! Congratulations! I wish we lived closer b/c my school didn't have an opening (that I was interrested in) so I'm just subbing next year. We could've gone to see the monkeys together! Carter LOVES the zoo! Enjoy the Gradparents this week. Hope to see you this summer!

Amy said...

Congratulations! I am glad that you are able to be a stay at home mom. Brian is awesome for making sacrifices to allow you to be where you want to be!

PrincessJoylynn said...

YEAH!! We must do lunch!

The Gillaspie Family said...

Yay for you! I know how you feel, and it's funny that you used the specific word "season"...so many people that have advised me on my decision have used the very same word. This too shall pass, so we'd better enjoy it while it's here!

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

Hey, I'm visiting from Joy and Joel's blog. I gave up teaching to stay home with our baby and I am so glad! I can't say I never miss it (I miss the bear hugs and occasional accolaids), but every morning I wake up thrilled to be free of the never ending pressure of teaching. Being home with my daughter is such a joy! I know you will love it. Like you said, it is a season...

The Schwenk Chronicles said...

Darling! I am so excited for you as you embark on your journey. What a blessing to have the oppertunity to spend this 'season' of life influencing Tanner. I miss you! Call me sometime to catch up. 919.323.0864! Love you - Andra

KerrisKorner said...

So fun! I love all the pic of Tanner helping out around the house...he is growing up so fast! It will be no time before he's saying monkey and even doing the monkey sound! I hope God blesses you time home with him...school will always be there to go back to!